Official Miner Contacts
Are you new to your city? Would you like to find a fellow UTEP Alum to ask a few questions, show you around or provide a few resources? Update your online profile and look below for a growing list of contacts.
Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico
Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico
Thimphu, Kingdom of Bhutan
El Cajon, California
Sandi J. Wong McKellips
San Francisco California
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
New York City, New York
San Antonio, Texas
Become a Miner Contact
Eligibility for Miner Contacts - The Office of Alumni Relations oversees all Miner Contacts as outlined below.
Qualifications for Miner Contact
• All UTEP Alumni (defined as a graduate of the university) are eligible to be a Miner Contact as selected by the Office of Alumni Relations to represent their respective city/region.
• Eligible Miner Contacts are listed as representatives of The University of Texas at El Paso.
• Miner Contacts must sign an agreement to follow specific terms and conditions. (Currently working on updating a volunteer form).
• Any Miner Contact that does not abide by the terms and conditions shall be removed from our official UTEP Alumni Website.
• Miner Contacts may transfer his/her city/region to another city/region if there is currently no contact in place or consider being listed as a secondary contact.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Miner Contact
• Miner Contacts must agree to have their contact information on our official UTEP Alumni Website.
• Miner Contacts must include the Office of Alumni Relations staff with all communications with alumni.
• Miner Contacts must be accessible to alumni. Miner Contact may determine the best vehicle to communicate with alumni, albeit via email or phone number or both; they must make information provided to them available to the Office of Alumni Relations; share information regarding UTEP that we provide; be willing to hear concerns and share them with our Office of Alumni Relations staff, receive information and suggestions, and communicate these effectively to the Office of Alumni Relations staff; and keep alumni informed of the events and activities.
Terms of Office
The term of service for a Miner Contact will commence start upon approval from the Office of Alumni Relations staff until determined by one or both parties.
If a Miner Contact is unable to continue to serve as a Miner Contact please contact the Office of Alumni Relations to be removed from the official website.
A vacancy that occurs shall be filled by the Office of Alumni Relations from a representative in the particular city or region.
Contact Alumni Chapter Coordinator:
Margie Adame Brickey